|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
FRANKFORT, KY – December 10, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — The Department for Local Government (DLG) is currently accepting applications for two grant programs to be awarded in 2009: Recreational Trails Program grant applications will be accepted through February 1, 2009 and the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) applications will be accepted through March 1, 2009.
The Recreational Trails Program is funded by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). It can be used to provide assistance for acquisition of easements, development and maintenance of recreational trails and trailhead facilities for both motorized and non-motorized use. Eligible applicants are city and county governments, state and federal agencies, and non-profit organizations.
The LWCF provides federal grant funds to acquire land for outdoor recreation and to develop or renovate public outdoor recreation facilities such as campgrounds, picnic areas, sports & playfields and support facilities.
Administered by DLG, funds for this program are allocated to Kentucky by the National Park Service, U.S. Department of Interior. Cities, counties, state and federal agencies are eligible to apply.
More information and applications for both programs are available online at www.gold.ky.gov/grants/federal/ or you may call 1-800-346-5606 for assistance.
No related posts.
- Whitfield Examines 21st Century Electricity Opportunities and Challenges
- 2015 HBAK Summer Meeting
- Governor Ceremonially Signs Bill Allowing Kentucky Housing Corporation to Further Assist Families with Affordable, Quality Housing
- Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
- Kentucky Historical Society markers to commemorate Burlington history
- Kentucky Housing Corporation Board of Directors to Meet
- Kentucky Housing Corporation Board of Directors Executive Committee to Meet
- Kentucky Housing Corporation Executive Committee of Board of Directors to Meet
- Kentucky Housing Corporation of Finance Committee of the Board of Directors to Meet
- Kentucky Crafted: The Market — a resource for architects, interior designers and home builders
- Gov. Beshear signs bill to help home buyers and homeowners
- Governor Beshear Announces $52 million in Federal Stimulus funds for Kentucky Energy Programs
- Announcing Fair Housing training session in Pikeville, Kentucky
- Governor Beshear, Mayor Newberry Promote Energy Efficiency at Group Home
- HUD'S HOME PROGRAM REACHES ONE MILLION MARK